Here's a list of common questions and troubleshooting suggestions if you're enrolled in a Small Group Class.
How should I prepare for a Small Group Class?
To optimize your child’s experience:
- You will receive an email one hour before your scheduled class. Approximately five mins before the class start time, click the JOIN button in the email. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will see another ‘Join’ button that will allow you access to the Zoom link.
- If you see the message "Host Will Let You In Soon" - don’t worry! The instructor will soon be letting you join the class.
- Check your Zoom connection, video and microphone are all working by testing before the class starts. Ensure your device is charged and/or plugged in.
- Ensure you have the materials listed for great success under the class "What To Bring?" section.
- Change your “screen name” to your child’s first name.
- If this is the first class you have registered your child in and/or your child is younger, you may wish to stay in the same room in case your child needs support navigating tabs. Many of our math classes involve opening up another tab for the students to play an interactive activity. If your child will need support in doing this, it is suggested you remain in earshot.
What technology will my child need to participate in Knowledgehook's Small Group Class online?
Your child will need the following technological tools to participate in an online class:
- A computer, laptop or tablet are optimal.
- A webcam (for verification purposes).
- A working microphone.
- Access to an internet browser IE: Google Chrome, Safari etc.
- A reliable internet connection/WIFI.
- It is recommended that you download the Zoom Desktop App for a seamless online classroom experience. The Zoom Desktop App can be downloaded by visiting the following link: Zoom Download Center and selecting “Zoom Desktop Client”: Download.
How do I reschedule or cancel my Small Group Class?
In the event you are unable to attend a scheduled online class, you may reschedule a class you have registered for with no less than 24 hours notice, which allows you to register for another live block in the future.
- Click on 'Join' button in the 24 hour reminder email.
- Scroll down to Calendar.
- Choose the time and date that works for you.
- Reschedule to your chosen time and date.
How do I access the Small Group Class at the designated start time?
You will be sent an email reminder 1 hour before the class begins. This email will contain a ‘JOIN’ button that will take you to a page where you will be able to join the class link.
- Click on the ‘Join’ Button in the email you receive 1 hour before your scheduled class
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will see another ‘Join’ button that will allow you access to the Zoom link
- Check your Zoom account is working and you can easily access the enrolled class by pressing on the link provided to you.
- Run a Zoom microphone and camera test to make sure these devices are connected and working correctly.
- Check your internet connection and ensure it is working correctly.
If you have any further questions, concerns or issues about technology or online learning materials please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I leave a class/teacher review and/or feedback and recommendations?
We appreciate any and all of your feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the products that we offer and you can help with that! Please email email@example.com.
Help! I am not able to see my class. What should I do?
If you are not able to see your class or did not receive a Zoom link to an enrolled class, you should check your Junk Email. If the email is not there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Help! I am getting a Zoom message that says "Waiting for the Host". What does this mean?
If you have pressed the class Zoom link and are receiving a “Waiting For The Host” pop up on your screen, this could mean the following:
- You are early! Your class will begin and the popup will disappear once your instructor has started the class at the scheduled time.
- Once the class time has started, the pop up will advise you that you are in a “Waiting Room” as the instructor checks the class attendance and begins to admit students into the class.
If 10 minutes have passed since the scheduled class time began and you received the “Waiting For The Host”/ “Waiting Room” pop up, please contact email@example.com.
What should I do if I'm in a class but can't see/hear the teacher?
If you are in a scheduled Zoom class and you cannot see or hear your teacher we suggest the following:
If the issue continues after doing the following you should contact your Small Group Class teacher using the Zoom Chat function with Chatting In A Zoom Meeting
What should I do if the Zoom link is not working or if I am experiencing other technical difficulties?
If the Zoom link you received is not working, you cannot connect to the class, or you have any other technical issues not outlined in our FAQ you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.