Knowledgehook is a software platform that supports formative assessment in mathematics and that provides the resources to help teachers build their pedagogical content knowledge in areas of student need. The following situations and questions will help you as the instructional leader push practice and get the most out of the tool.
Situation 1: Teacher aren’t using Knowledgehook yet
- Do they have a good process in place for ongoing formative assessment already or is this an area that needs improvement?
Questions to ask:
- What are you using currently for formative assessment in class?
- How does it help you gather whole class data quickly?
- Is it curriculum aligned?
- How do you know what to do next?
- How often do you use it?
- What are some of the challenges in what you are using?
- Would it be helpful to have a curriculum aligned tool that will help you gather data easily in a format student like? Would it be helpful if it could provide you with support resources on how to address student gaps?
Situation #2 Teacher are using Knowledgehook
- Are they using the tool to inform their next steps in instruction or is it being used in less useful ways like a busy-work tool or just extra-practice?
Questions to ask:
- How are you using Knowledgehook to inform your next steps in instruction?
- When do you use it?
- How do you decide what to assign?
- What do you do with the results?
- Have you accessed any of the teacher support resources?
Situation #3 Teachers have completed the Impact Challenge
- Was the inquiry and learning cycle meaningfully employed? Did it influence changes in teaching and learning in the classroom?
Questions to Ask:
- How topic did you focus on?
- Why did you choose that topic over others?
- Did you read the teacher support resources? What was helpful? What did you feel you needed to know more about?
- What did you decide to work on with the students? Did you work with all students or just those that struggled?
- What was the outcome of the process?
- Are you going to continue to work on that topic or select a new topic area to focus on?